I am looking at a UTRS request for an IP within the range 126.96.36.199/17. The user claims they are not a webhost so I didn't know if you could provide additional information about the block. Thanks in advance. 331dot (talk) 02:11, 7 February 2020 (UTC)
- @331dot: I had blocked it due to some ref-spammers that were creating accounts from that range. The specific IP I was looking at looked like a server, but maybe the whole range isn't. Feel free to unblock it if it's causing problems. ST47 (talk) 02:19, 7 February 2020 (UTC)
Deletion of ArchChat
Deb decided to delete the ArchChat page which I created after a page move from its previous avatar as iSticker.
Can you restore either the ArchChat page or the iSticker version of it?
I was looking at the history of Kate Charles and that's how I came across you.
Hello ST47, based on the evidence I posted at Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Architect 134 don't you think EMmegLY is user MG2020DTC? EMmegLY was CU blocked as a sock of A134. GSS 💬 05:21, 8 February 2020 (UTC)
- @GSS: Oh hey, I've just sent you a wiki-email. ST47 (talk) 05:29, 8 February 2020 (UTC)
- I have taken your actions to the Trust & Safety team. If this is what you do routinely and you don’t question why a user talk page is deleted, you could be potentially putting people at risk. I am now going to have to go through all the diffs to find out what I need removed. You should be ashamed of yourself. - Chris.sherlock (talk) 01:29, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) I highly suggest you cut out the personal attacks. Praxidicae (talk) 01:33, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) I just want to clarify that we're talking about the talk page that you unconditionally asked to be restored a few hours ago. Look, if there's something that needs to be suppressed you know where to send it. @Chris.sherlock: You have repeatedly been aggressive towards me and others tonight. Do not contact me directly again for any reason except for notifications that are required by policy. ST47 (talk) 01:37, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- I have cancelled the request. I'm clearly upset today. What you did was very wrong though. I'm taking a wikibreak. - Chris.sherlock (talk) 02:12, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
National Association of Professional Women
Unfortunately you deleted my edits because you said they did not demonstrate a neutral point of view.
I disagree that sharing relevant information has anything to do with point of view. If you take the time to look at the following websites, you will notice how strikingly similar they look. There are even the same "featured members" listed on the sites!
If you read reviews of their business practices, you will also note a striking similarity.
It is not a matter of opinion that I was personally solicited by this organization, nor is it a matter of opinion that hundreds of women have similarly disturbing stories.
This is a matter of public interest. Please do the right thing.
- This is your own experience, and a blog hosted on Medium.com, not reliable sources as required by policy. Also, the language in your edit showed a clear bias against the organization, which isn't appropriate, as edits should come from a neutral point of view. Wikipedia isn't the place to campaign against an organisation that you dislike, we need to use reliable sources and neutral language. ST47 (talk) 20:50, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
You were the blocking admin for Chrisfairbank888. The user has made an unblock request on User talk:Chrisfairbank888 and while I've responded, I'm not an admin so my word is not official. Are you able to address the review? Walter Görlitz (talk) 20:58, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- I've replied there. I'm not going to unblock, even if that is that person's first account, their firm now has three indef blocked accounts. But if someone else is convinced that they'll follow COI and PAID, they're welcome to unblock. ST47 (talk) 21:12, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- @QChemist: I'm guessing the problem was solved, since you were able to edit this page? Yes, it probably was due to a VPN, they are blocked from editing Wikipedia under policy. ST47 (talk) 21:29, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
Webservice for SPI code
- @QEDK: I actually have it set up currently to watch Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Cases/Overview and "take over" if an update from the normal bot is more than 30 minutes overdue. I do want to move some of my scripts over to toolforge and set up a web UI at some point, but I don't consider it a priority while the current approach is working fine. How would you implement it, though? Maybe a web app that updates the tool's crontab? ST47 (talk) 19:47, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
UTRS ticket #28756
You issued a block for this range due to it being a webhost block.
We've received a UTRS ticket request under 28756 from User: 5225C who is caught up in this rangeblock.
Would you object to me modifying the block so logged in users can edit?
- @5 albert square: I thought the information provided in UTRS requests was supposed to be private for administrators only? I redacted the IP range above, in case it's non-public. Anyway, the range in question should remain hardblocked, but you can give 5225C IPBE if you trust them. There's no sign that they are socking. ST47 (talk) 20:58, 14 February 2020 (UTC)
- Ahh, okay. Yeah, that wasn't what I blocked that other range for, which is why I was confused. Didn't recognize the edit. I'll block the new /64 for evasion. ST47 (talk) 02:46, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
LTA IP block
Hey ST47, hope you are doing well. I saw that you blocked 188.8.131.52 this past November as a colocation webhost IP. I think you may need to access talk page access as well. -- LuK3 (Talk) 22:32, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
You recently blocked this post on my talk. I've blocked the editor per WP:No legal thrests, and I wondered if it's another sock. I'm aware that my suspicion isn't enough for a CU, but just for info Jimfbleak - talk to me? 06:53, 16 February 2020 (UTC). I found it interesting to find
- @Deepfriedokra: Please do. I don't know why I even deleted it. ST47 (talk) 01:26, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|Damn ST47, did they up the reward per block? You must be rolling in bitcoin. Drmies (talk) 17:19, 17 February 2020 (UTC)|
Lots of block evasion at Nilesh Odedra
Hi ST47, you've blocked a bunch of proxies at the article, for which I've requested page protection. Maybe you can block the most recent wave of vandals. Thanks, 2601:188:180:B8E0:65F5:930C:B0B2:CD63 (talk) 21:09, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
Partial block for your bot
With respect, since your bot is not authorized to preform the SPI task and it's currently excessively edit warring a substantially different version of the case list with Amalthea's bot, I have issued a partial block to prevent this. -- Amanda (aka DQ) 10:10, 18 February 2020 (UTC)